Soverainís intellectual property originated in the early days of the commercial Internet and was brought to life as a result of the vision and innovation of our predecessor Open Market, Inc. Soverain has continued to develop and license that intellectual property in the form of its software product Transact as well as its patents.
Soverain Software currently owns a portfolio of more than 50 issued and pending U.S. and international patents. Many of these patents resulted from Open Marketís pioneering research and development, and date back to applications filed in the 1993-1995 timeframe.
Among the technologies addressed by this portfolio are:
- Internet-based systems for making secure payments
- Online purchasing methodologies
- Online shopping cart system
- Online advertising creation and product fulfillment
- Online customer service
- Hypertext-based linking and authentication
- Multi-merchant/-site transaction processing and order fulfillment
- Session management in the stateless environment of the Internet
- Mapping telephone numbers to URLs